1. I can do anything. It’s a simple phrase, but it helps to remind yourself — you really can do anything you set your mind to.
2. This is why I can. Instead of giving yourself reasons why you can’t do something, give yourself reasons why you can.
3. I deserve more. You deserve a better life — whether that means a better job, a healthier body or more money. Work for it.
4. It’s never too late. No matter how old you are or how many opportunities you’ve passed up before, it’s never too late to make a decision and get a fresh start.
5. There will always be challenges. No matter what you do in life, there will always be challenges — don’t let one set get the better of you.
6. There’s no “perfect” time. If you’re waiting for the perfect moment, forget about it — there’s no such thing.
7. There’s no perfect plan. There are some definite flaws in your plan — but there are in every plan.
8. Everybody starts somewhere. Nobody is born successful. Everyone starts somewhere, and usually from the bottom.
9. One step at a time. Don’t try to do everything at once. Reduce it to baby steps.
10. It can only get better. If it’s hard at first, it can only get easier.
11. Failure is temporary. If you fail, you’re in good company — most successes come only after several rounds of failure.
12. Mistakes are learning opportunities. If you mess up, you can only become better for it.
13. Today is all I can control. Forget about what you did yesterday. Today is what matters.
14. If it were easy, everyone would do it. Nothing worth doing is easy.
15. “Someday” is today. If you’re like most people, you use the word “someday” to describe your goals and desires. Make today that someday.
16. Negative thoughts can’t stop me. Your negative thoughts are just thoughts — nothing more.
17. I’ve done harder things. Think back to a time when you succeeded against the odds.
18. Everything has to be earned. You can’t get anything in this life unless you work hard for it.
19. Action is a better regret than inaction. Making the wrong decision is always preferable to regretting never having done anything at all.
20. I don’t need anyone’s permission. If people think you’re crazy, so be it.
21. I’m in control of my own destiny. You can decide whom you want to become.
22. There is no pass or fail. Nobody is grading you. You can’t objectively “fail” at life unless you never try anything.
23. Boring decisions get boring results. Make an exciting decision.
24. The risk is worth it. Know that risks are real, but the potential benefits are worth them.
25. Discipline feels better than regret. Discipline is hard, but it’s easier to deal with than regret.
26. Many good ideas seem crazy or impossible at first. Yours is no different.
27. I’ve got support. Friends, family, colleagues — even if they think you’re crazy, you can always find support in networking groups, support groups and other community resources.
28. Experience is always valuable. Even if your mission doesn’t turn out the way you’d expected, you’ll walk away with experience.
29. Hard work is its own reward. You’ll feel good just for making the attempt.
30. Every day counts. Today, tomorrow and the next day are all steps toward your end goal.
31. What I see matters more than what others see. Forget about what others think — prioritize what you think.
32. There is no problem that can’t be overcome. Everything can be solved or worked around.
33. Ordinary actions make an ordinary life. Nobody wants to be ordinary. Don’t let yourself be.
34. Everything can be improved. Even if you start out rough, you can always make improvements to your approach.
35. I can learn whatever I need to know. Free resources are plentiful.
36. I can master whatever I need to do. Practice can make you good at anything.
37. Willpower is all in my head. You can have all the willpower you want — you just have to want it.
38. I know what I want. Know what your end goals are, and visualize them.
39. Feelings are the product of thoughts. If you’re scared or unsure, know that these are feelings generated by your thoughts; then you can control them.
40. Trying and failing is better than doing nothing. This is universally true.
41. I am whomever I want to be. There’s nothing stopping you from being whom you want to be.
42. I can’t win unless I try. Effort is the only way to get results.
43. My life is a product of my decisions. Make the ones that matter.
44. I’m better than I was yesterday. You’re older, wiser and more experienced than you’ve ever been before.
45. Nothing great happens overnight. Work and patience are your friends.
46. Once I get started, it will be easier. You’ll feel more motivated once you get rolling.
47. I’ll reward myself when I’m done. Even small rewards can be great motivators.
48. I’m doing this for more than just me. Maybe it’s for your family or community — whatever “it” is, external motivation can be powerful.
49. There are always more chances. If you screw up, you can always try again.
50. If nothing else, this will make for a good story. You’ll walk away with great memories and interesting anecdotes.
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat. – Theodore Roosevelt
Then make these decisions:
–Release scarcity + adopt generosity as your main way of thinking.
–Forgive the unforgiven, as you are carrying them on your back.
–Understand that every person who has shown up in your life arrived to help you become the person you now are. Appreciate and love them.
–Trust that suffering grows strength and your trials can serve your growth vastly. The best of us who have graced this earth leveraged their pain into greater humility, bravery and love.
–Commit to doing the projects that terrify you + shifting from accepting good work from yourself to demanding legendary production from yourself.
–Never miss an opportunity to serve or encourage another human.
–Refuse to cling to stagnation. Complacency destroys potentially awesome lives. So as you rise to new levels of success and joy, keep optimizing.
–Aggressively notice the miracles in every so-called average day–they are there for those awake enough to witness them.
–Smile at strangers, do kind things for zero return + be polite (it’s so uncool to be rude).
–Make a stop doing list so you delete the misuses of your oh so precious time.
–Less news more books. Period.
–Be a person of depth, wisdom, understanding, ingenuity, audacity, decency and love. At the end, even the finest of us will have wished we’d loved more. So do it now. Please.
–Remember that we get what we settle for, so set audacious goals that evoke the fiery brilliance that resides within you.
–Write hand written thank you notes to your mentors and those who have helped you. In a world of digital, it shows how much you care.
I believe in your talents + gifts + dreams.
Stay strong. Stay true. Be great,
Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing -Helen Keller
Thoroughly unprepared, we take the step into the afternoon of life. Worse still, we take this step with the false presupposition that our truths and our ideals will serve us as hitherto. But we cannot live the afternoon of life according to the program of life’s morning, for what was great in the morning will be little at evening and what in the morning was true, at evening will have become a lie
We have everything we need for the first 9 months of our life, why dont we for the next 90 years? because we interfere
Even after all these years, the sun never says to the earth, you owe me, just think what a love like that can do, it lights up the whole earth